About Dunfermline City

Dunfermline City Hockey Club are a charitable organisation - promoting affordable hockey in Dunfermline.

Currently we only run one side which is an Adults mens side which play in East League Division 3. 

If you are interested in playing hockey and are male aged 14 upwards please get in touch as we are always on the look out for players.

Currently we do not have any U14 teams or Ladies teams so if you are interested in playing these levels please visit the Dunfermline Carnegie website.

Dunfermline City Hockey Club News story

Record Victory for City as they demolish Kinross – Sat 17th November 2012

17 Nov 2012

Dunfermline City made the short trip to Kinross on Saturday for what they thought was going to be a tough encounter against Kinross’s second XI.

City had a strong line-up after sending a depleted line up to Aberdeen the week before – however only had the bare eleven.  In goals was Murray with Campbell, Edwards, Green and Graham in defense.  A midfield of Burns, Innes, Rintoul and Palmer – leaving captain Walker and Miller up front.

The game started and City were quick out of the blocks with Miller putting two wide before City went in front through Brent Walker in the fifth minute. The Kinross defence failed to clear there lines – with Walker intercepting and unleashing an unstoppable shot past Doug Lester in the Kinross goal.

Two minutes later Miller added a second when a well worked short corner was played out to Rintoul who whacked it back to Miller who neatly deflected it into the Kinross goal.

Not long after this it was 3.0. Another short corner played to Rintoul – he switched it to Walker who played it back to Rintoul who flicked it into the back of the net.

Defender Ryan Green then got in on the act playing a tidy one two with Neil Innes before slapping the ball low past the helpless Lester.

Number  5 was quick to follow as a short corner was player out right to Innes who slapped it past the helpless keeper.

Then came number 6 Miller was played in on goal by Walker who brilliantly saved the strikers flick – only for Miller to quickly get on the rebound and whack the ball home.

Walker then added number 7 – when a Rintoul shot was saved – Walker got there first to flick it past the keeper.

There was slight relief for Kinross on the half hour mark as Kinross took advantage on the counter attack.  Rintoul missed a chance as Lester brilliantly saved – Kinross were broke 3 on 1 where Athol Murray made a spectacular save to thwart the Kinross attack – however there was no City defender on the rebound which Kinross managed to push home for the biggest cheer of the day from the home support.

Just before the half time whistle it was business as usual for City as Innes finished in style after another well worked short corner.

Half Time Kinross 1 City 8.

The half time team talk was about keeping the momentum going and not letting the foot of the gas – and City certainly did what the Walker asked of them.

Within moments of the restart it was 9 – Miller receiving the Ball in the D and pushing it past the keeper for his hatrick.

Miller then got his fourth of the game when he gently pushed the ball towards the bottom corner under pressure from the Kinross defence.

Walker then completed his hat rick – after Lester made yet another save which fell to Walker who poked it past him into the goal.

Innes was next to complete his hat trick with a simple flick into the net from 7 yards.

12.1 and more to come.  Innes added his forth when Edwards struck a shot towards goal from a short corner which was again well saved but Innes was first on hand to push home.

Unlucky 13 and it wasn’t over yet for Kinross. Walker got onto the end of a ball by the surging Burns and at an angle flicked it past the helpless keeper.

The fifteenth goal came when Lester made a tremendous double save from Walker – and at the third attempt Walker played it back across the goal to Miller who lifted it high into the roof of the net for his fifth.

16 came from Rintoul as he received the ball on the 25 yard line and surged into the box before firing low past the keeper.

Innes then got his fifth of the day – as Walker hit the ball goalwards – it was cleared off the line by the Kinross defender – but straight to Innes who struck the ball home.

City were then left to wait for there final goal of the game – as Rintoul started to dominate strikes at goal looking for his hattrick. With seconds to go Edwards got a shot past the keeper which was kicked of the line – City were awarded a penalty.  Edwards passed the baton to Rintoul to flick the ball into the net to make the final score 18.1.

Man of the match for City was the always involved Edwards – this was by far the best City performance in a while.  They never let Kinross rest – and over the course of the match averaged a goal less than every four minutes.  Some have suggested that City are past there peak and a team who only harry and push players of the ball. To the few that believe that then this result goes out as a message to them and the rest of the league.  This was City’s best ever result – there could have been many more goals in the for column had it not been for the Kinross keeper – but 18 is a nice even number. (Doubled Kinross’s goals conceded for the season)

Kinross were a tired bunch at the end of the day – but always played on in great spirits.  Dougie Lester in the Kinross goal played an absolute blinder of a game but you wouldn’t know it by the scoreline – one save that stuck out was when Rintoul looked like he just had to hit the ball into the empty net – Lester dived right across the face of the goal to block the shot.

A special note goes out to Adam Rintouls effort when City were two on one with the keeper.  With Dougie Lester more or less marking Miller – Rintoul had the freedom to surge into the D – Lester charged back towards his goals – leaving Miller with a simple tap in – but the hattrick chasing Rintoul managed to blast the ball back across the face of the goal – Lester made what looked like a tremendous save – but Rintoul admitted later his shot was going probably nearer the corner flag than the goal.  Luckily Adam was more accurate with the penalty to gain his hattrick.

Next up for City a game to face Edinburgh Colts who are the only team in the East League to have beaten City in the league over the last three years.

google-site-verification: google0b3aa9ee5db679eb.html